Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bp13_2009113_Comment on Coleen's Glog

Screen+shot+2009-11-11+at+7.49.56+PM.pngScreen+shot+2009-11-11+at+7.50.16+PM.png


The web 2.0 tool I chose to highlight this week
is called Glogster. The newest version is for
educators Glogster EDU. This tool is perfect for
educators that want to fully engage their students
in an interactive learning process. Students are
only limited by their own imagination on what
they can create. Glogs have been used successfully
in many subject areas from math to history and art.

The website marketing information highlights how
to integrate Glogster in your classroom. It can be
used as an interactive poster-board to display
information, videos, pictures and other types of
media. A recent addition allows educators and
students to upload videos directly from Schooltube.
This is an incredible way to bring poster projects
into the 21st century. Designing a glog allows you
to create multimedia collages about any topic you
can imagine. I think I have created the first
leader glog.

I created the leader glog that you see pictured on
my blog. My leader glog can be found at
Please go to the site and see the many multi-
media features I have already added. You will
recognize my Leader Storybird. I created a short
video for my leadership students to help
encourage them to tell their leadership stories.
I believe we all learn so much from sharing
stories both successes and failures.

By sharing our leadership stories I am hoping
that all leaders will be able to grow from the
knowledge and experience of the others.



1 comments:

jratka said...

@ Coleen - you found another great tool for use to use! Thanks for sharing. I can see this being applicable to almost any subject. We could use it to have students create a glog about the topics we are covering in Acutely Ill Adult. This would definitely be an interactive approach to online education. I am really excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment