Thursday, November 12, 2009

BP12_2009113_Comment for E. Roe

Picture+3.png

Tikatok:

This is a community for children to write, illustrate, and publish a real book. The minute I saw this Web 2.0 tool, I fell in love. The first idea that popped into my head was the students who always finish all of their work first. What an amazing extra curricular activity to work on. Although it costs money to buy a book, they are selling the PDF version of the book for $2.99. Not bad when you can print them out and photo copy them for an entire class.

While I was playing around with the site, I noticed that there are many different types of books you can create. You can make your own, or there are a lot of different story starters you may use. It is a very easy layout and once you click a page you can get right to work. You can add photos or draw your own. There are just so many options to choose from.

I can see so many of my students really getting into this. It is such a great way to get kids writing creatively. I think it would be such a reward to have a real hard cover book from your own imagination. I think it would also be a great for parents. What a great activity to do on the weekend or summer vacation. It would be incorporating technology with improving writing skills. The best part being, the children would not even know they are improving their writing skills and creativity skills.

1 comments:

jratka said...

@Erin - thanks for introducing me to this great tool! How cool would it be to someday be able to show your grandkids the book you wrote when you were their age! I think this is a fantastic way to promote literacy, as you pointed out. It would be really exciting to see your work published.

No comments:

Post a Comment