Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wk 1 2nd Response Blog


"I really wish I would have understood the importance of the practice of giving “A’s” earlier in my life. This philosophy would have made a world of difference in my relationship with my now deceased mother. I have always believed that she had failed as a mother. I wanted to understand how she could give up on life when she had 5 children that needed her support and encouragement. What would have happened if I could have given her an “A”? What if I could have approached her from a framework of respect rather than measurement? Would I have been able to reach out and understand her reality?" @ Coleen - I think in retrospect, you can give your mother an A. When you think of your childhood, you can be free now to think of it without the measuring stick. You have become a compassionate, independent woman, and who you are surely was influenced by your upbringing. I think you well embraced the "art of possibility" when you decided to that your future was to provide the compassion to those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment