Monday, April 26, 2010

Wk 4 - Response to reading.


This week's reading hit home on so many fronts. The hardest part to read, and the section I re-read several times was the part about the "Revenge Monster" That is the monster I have struggled with many times over my adult life. Currently I think I am winning. I recognized early in my adult relationships, both at work and at home, that I had a clear choice to make between revenge and relationship. When I planned revenge and looked across time, I could see that there would be inevitable, permanent damage to the relationship. I have taught this concept in leadership development classes as well. Even though I totally get it, I still have to constantly be on the alert for the monster to reappear.

2 comments:

  1. Janice, the section about the Revenge Monster is one that I had to keep re-reading as well. And like you, I have had friendships been bruised or broken from the evil thing. Revenge is definitely not worth it. It is very neat that you teach is concept in one of your classes. I love the picture that you found for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, totally agree!!! The revenge monster can be a very scary animal, and one that can be hard to get off of your back. I find myself holding back often, and keeping the thought in my mind that it is a relationship and if I nurture it, you never know what can happen.

    ReplyDelete